- 200g Doves Farm gluten free flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 250ml coconut milk
- 250ml water
Sieve the flour, add the egg and then beat in the liquid. Do not add all at once and the amount can vary depending on taste/ how thick you want your pancakes! Make sure the pan is pretty hot and add a tiny amount of oil/ butter in pan, but if it is non-stick you may not need it. Then start making your pancakes, adding some batter and then swirling it around the pan. When it starts bubbling, it is time to turn it over, and this is when your tossing skills will come into play! Then for the toppings; I tried the following:
- Masala Dosa – being inspired from India, I made a sweet potato, red lentil curry (masala) pancake (dosa) with a homemade coconut chutney for the side.
- Banana and chocolate sauce, using cocoa powder, water, cinnamon, vanilla essence and a pinch of stevia*
- Blueberries, sheep’s yoghurt (or Coyo coconut yoghurt if you want dairy-free) and cinnamon
- The classic lemon and sugar
*Update: Stevia is one alternative to sugar but you could also use Palmyra jiggery (http://consciousfood.co.uk/palmyra-jaggery/), coconut sugar, xylitol or use melted dates for the chocolate sauce.