I cooked a lovely warming spicy miso and kale soup – recipe below:
Spicy Miso Kale soup
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon garam masala
1 teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2L vegetable stock
1 bunch kale
2 cans garbanzo beans/ chickpeas
1 can coconut milk
2 tablespoons white miso paste
¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- Sauté onions and garlic in coconut oil until well cooked over medium heat. Add spices and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the stock and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the kale and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove most of the kale and place in a high speed blender with ¾ of the garbanzo beans and 1 cup of water. Then return to the pan.
- Add the whole beans and coconut milk; simmer.
- Remove a small amount of soup and place in a small bowl. Dissolve the miso in that liquid, then add directly into the soup.
- Stir in the coriander leaves and serve.
Great night and a happy crowd tucking in to the end product!