Another fun evening at the Good Food Cookery School, cooking Devilled eggs and Moroccan Quinoa Salad this time!
1 egg (hard boiled)
½ ripe avocado (diced)
½ small lemon
½ tsp Dijon mustard (or to taste)
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
Paprika, to garnish
1. Cut the egg in half lengthwise and remove yolk. Place yolk in a bowl and mash with a fork.
2. Add the avocado and lemon juice and mash together with yolks.
3. Add the mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon yolk mixture evenly into egg white half. Garnish with a sprinkling of paprika.
5. Serve with a handful of rocket.
Moroccan Quinoa Salad
1 tsp vegetable stock
70g can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
½ red onion or one small (chopped finely)
1/3 red pepper (cut into small squares)
1 orange (cut into segments)
Handful mint (chopped)
Handful coriander (chopped)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp ground cinnamon
½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
1 tsp paprika
1tsp chilli powder (optional)
1 small clove garlic (crushed)
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful slivered almonds
- Put the water in a pan, add the vegetable stock and bring to the boil. Add the quinoa and cook for 10 minutes and then allow to stand for 5 minutes. All the water should have absorbed or drain if required.
- Stir in the chickpeas, onion, red pepper, raisins, orange segments, mint and coriander.
- Then add in the olive oil, spices, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste and mix together.
- Top with the almonds and serve.